Remember we’re doing this ourselves, for ourselves, and for the freedom. We need to break the chains of debt, the biggest control THEY have over us. We need to shake off their power and reclaim OUR lives, OUR future. Wall Street protesters chants keep ringing in my ears ‘banks got bailed out, we got sold out!’ No more shall we sit and powerlessly accept greedy injustices; bankers get bonuses when they should get fired, the disabled have their benefits cut, decided by Gov contract killers, ATOS (do you know how many people have committed suicide after learning their benefits have been cut? Please google it, and join the peaceful protest outside St. Mary’s House, Norwich at 4.30 - 5.30pm today Friday 30th Sept) - when they should be supported.
There is enough wealth in this country for all to live well, but unfairness and inequality divides the super-rich and the super-poor to the extreme.
We say ‘Enough!’ This is our country, our land, our homes, our people, our health and other services, our jobs, our education. This system is not working for US, the 99% poor vs the 1 % wealthy. Pretty good odds, 99% people power, and we will win this battle intelligently, calmly and peacefully. We’re ready for a non-violent revolution, people, and it’s here!
Currently we have 20 friends on Facebook, with 12 attendees to the event on October 15th, and 42 followers on Twitter. We’re growing steadily.
As Occupy Wall Street grew and grew (and keeps on growing!) other towns and cities in the US and overseas started to hear about it via social media (mainstream media wasn’t covering it). More and more people wanted to get involved, to join in and help support this rapidly growing movement for equality. So more Occupy movements began to spring up across the United States, and in other countries across the world.
After less than a fortnight, Occupy reached the UK. Occupy the London Stock Exchange (#OccupyLSX) on October 9th and Occupy Manchester (#OccupyMCR) which is organised to tie in with the Tory conference on October 2nd.
In Norwich, Norfolk, UK, a small group were watching what was happening on Wall Street via Global Revolution on Livestream with great interest, also wishing we could be there in person to lend our support to the movement and frustrated that thus far the media was keeping the whole thing quiet. On Thursday 29th September this small group decided to form Occupy Norwich (#OccupyNorwich). We set up a Twitter account (@OccupyNorwich), a facebook account and event, and this Tumblr account as way of getting the ball rolling.
Which brings us pretty much up to date. We’re currently at 9 attendees, with 21 followers on Twitter, and making lots of friends worldwide as a direct result of this movement.
We ask that people explain to their friends and their family that while we’ve been feeling helpless and powerless, THIS is a chance to take meaningful action and make a bold statement that ‘We’re not going to take it any more’.
There is something we can do - as long as we let go of the fear that holds us back. We are legally permitted to protest peacefully, that is all we want/need to do.
Show your support, bring your friends, your family, and we will be united with ALL Occupy movements across the worlld in this non-violent Global Revolution. Thank you. xxx
So, please follow us, tweet us, fb us, tumblr us or whatever, but most of all, come to HAYMARKET, Norwich, Norfolk, UK at 2pm (or any time thereafter) on 15th October 2011. Bring yourselves, your friends, your family, some food, drink, warm clothes and placards. If you can spare them and want to bring extra of any of these (including the friends and family, lol!), please feel free to do so.
We’re aiming for a totally friendly, peaceful environment because, at the same time as making an important statement to big gov, big corporations and big banks - we’re also making something really special at grass-roots level. A new like-minded community, new friends, new family.